Omg omg. Im feeling draggy and sluggish to go to school today. Woke up at 530, prepared nasi lemak. Watched ustaz Don a bit. Then do the laundry. Am feeling productive to do the housework. But not going to school. Though I have 4 STACKS of books to be marked, paper works, and a table to be organized. Haih. After bath, I had problem to mix and match my Saturday outfit. Skirts is print. So does blouse. Three quarter sleeve. Have to wear a cardigan. Found purple plain one. From poplook. Then I just cannot find a plain black instant hijab. So I am wearing the polka dot one. What a mess. Sometimes, I wish I can stay at home just like other government servants. But yeah, every weekday I go back earlier than other government servant. Sluggish Saturday. And it’s cloudy and drizzling. *sigh*
When I watched Alice in The Wonderland, I feel there’s an invisible hand gave a hard slap on my face. Pang. Why? It had mad me realize that:
- I haven’t been doing creative writing for quite a long time. Even my latest one is a crap. C’mon. It doesn’t make sense and it doesn’t provoke any kind of thinking.
- I am actually able to make my own decision without being influenced by anyone and I am my own master. I am an easily influenced person. I am easily carried away by emotion and stress lately. I should be more like Alice. Start a journey that can make me find my ‘muchness’.
- I shouldn’t give in to anything that intimidate me. Like, my stress or my ***s.
- I haven’t make my dream come true yet. Too much hard work and less thinking had castrate my brain. My dream of becoming a poet or a writer hasn’t been start. I haven’t started the journey. I am far from my dream.
- My thinking cap doesn’t work well lately.
- I dream less. It’s not a sin to be a dreamer and I used to be it. A dreamer will be able to rhyme, frolicking, dance with no one and talk to the mirror. Ops I forgot. Talking (or writing) nonsense is part of it too (like Lewis Caroll).
Since Tim Burton’s latest masterpiece was an eye-opener, I hope I’ll be more independent in making decision and braver.
Ps (self-note in case I forgot in the future): This is our second Tim Burton after Sweeney Todd.
I was not able to spend some minutes to catch new movie, shopping and surfing the internet ever since I arrived in that school. It’s been over a week since I have arrived in JB.Surprise surprise. At first I was informed that I got a school in Pasir Gudang (on Friday) but then on Monday, I was informed that I was sent to JB.I consider myself lucky and surprised. The Ketua Sektor has placed me in SK XYZ (I don’t even know him and I wonder why he did so. Korek² dari GPK rupanya sekolah mintak guru bahasa inggeris).
I went to the school on 30th December. 2 days earlier than I’m supposed to.My family can’t send me on the 1st. They’ll be dead tired if they rush to JB on the 30th or 31st.
Right,I don’t know what to call this. Either it’s a serendipity or merely fateful. The school is Omar’s client and he knows the GB personally. Oh, kak susu is in there as well. She’s my senior from marjon and ipba. She’s the Ketua Panitia there so I already have a guru. Ain’t I lucky?
Ok, let me tell you my first time at school. I met him my GB and I was scolded. I thought he was testing the mike and talking to someone else (because he was rushing here and there, talking to many people, trying to fix the PA system yada yada). He said I was rude because I did not stand when I was talking to him. I was dumbfucked and shocked. But the GPK explained that she haven’t explained “his rules” to me yet. So, he went away and continue doing his job.
The early bird catches the worm. I get to choose my seating place in the staff room. I get to know my colleagues earlier.I attended Zoom A course (which I found really really useful). I’ve made some impression in that way.The KPLIs came on the first January. They need to catch up with the school fast because the GB is GB cemerlang. So everything must work in order, as soon as possible. Since I already explored the school earlier, I’ve gained the confidence to join other teachers in that school.
Next: I’m a newbie Part 2: I was challenged by the Guru Besar when he had given me many posts. I get to become a class teacher and I was broke down, first time in the year of 2009.
SK XYZ: Name of the school is concealed for discretion. Don’t want the people who are googling for the school found this blog.
This is my nasihat for my adik-adik.
Do not brag of skills and knowledge that you are not sure of. In short, do not lie. Because after you are asked to do problem-solving demonstration and did not manage to do the whole thing, you will feel very embarrassed. Be honest and humble. Only empty vessels make most sound.
Secondly, never ever use Paint programme to crop a picture when you have superfast computer and Paintshop Pro.
Reason? Picture> Rectangle select> Copy> Open new window> Paste> Adjust size.