Today, in Steve Ansell‘s class, we had total fun. So what we did today in class was, we produced a story.
- As a group (9 people in a circle table), we need to produce an agreeable title. We chose ‘an exciting story of Ramadhan.
- Then we need to produce an agreeable first line. So the line is ‘Ramadhan comes again’. So it’s ambiguous as Ramadhan can be the month or a person.
- Then, individually, we need to continue the sentence. Not more than 15 words, in 30 seconds (but to be precise it’s 1 minute).
- Then, clockwise turn, we need to exchange the paper. Continue to write the next sentence, based on previous sentence.
- As there are 9 people, the paper was written by 9 authors, 9 times.
- When the paper reached the original author, the original author needed to read the whole story, and gave a sensible (or crazy) ending to the story in about 30 words.
- Next, we were grouped into smaller groups (from 3 big groups to 8 small groups). We need to share the story with others, and pick the best story.
So, here’s my paper after been scraped by my friend (different colours means different author):
Ramadhan comes again. I am very excited about it as I’ve been waiting for it for eleven months. I am so happy. I hope this Ramadhan is going to be better than the last one. But, it turns out to be the best Ramadhan I ever had. I plan to have breakfast with my close friends and Mak Ucu. But Mak Ucu has just informed me that she is going to break fast with Datuk K alone. “Why?” shouts, cries me. After I get myself together, I realised that Mak Ucu is Datuk K’s wife. Why? Mak Ucu? Why? Compared to others, I prefer Mak Ucu. She can help me with raya preparation. Moreover, Mak Ucu has an estimated assets worth 20 millions. This is the best Ramadhan ever.