Today, in Steve Ansell‘s class, we had total fun. So what we did today in class was, we produced a story.
- As a group (9 people in a circle table), we need to produce an agreeable title. We chose ‘an exciting story of Ramadhan.
- Then we need to produce an agreeable first line. So the line is ‘Ramadhan comes again’. So it’s ambiguous as Ramadhan can be the month or a person.
- Then, individually, we need to continue the sentence. Not more than 15 words, in 30 seconds (but to be precise it’s 1 minute).
- Then, clockwise turn, we need to exchange the paper. Continue to write the next sentence, based on previous sentence.
- As there are 9 people, the paper was written by 9 authors, 9 times.
- When the paper reached the original author, the original author needed to read the whole story, and gave a sensible (or crazy) ending to the story in about 30 words.
- Next, we were grouped into smaller groups (from 3 big groups to 8 small groups). We need to share the story with others, and pick the best story.
So, here’s my paper after been scraped by my friend (different colours means different author):
Ramadhan comes again. I am very excited about it as I’ve been waiting for it for eleven months. I am so happy. I hope this Ramadhan is going to be better than the last one. But, it turns out to be the best Ramadhan I ever had. I plan to have breakfast with my close friends and Mak Ucu. But Mak Ucu has just informed me that she is going to break fast with Datuk K alone. “Why?” shouts, cries me. After I get myself together, I realised that Mak Ucu is Datuk K’s wife. Why? Mak Ucu? Why? Compared to others, I prefer Mak Ucu. She can help me with raya preparation. Moreover, Mak Ucu has an estimated assets worth 20 millions. This is the best Ramadhan ever.
Mak ucu tu sapa???
Datuk K tu sapa???
Handal sangat Mak Ucu dia Siti Nurhaliza. Adeh deh deh. It tickles my cute belly.
Berangan x ingat. Hehe.
13 May: beselah. kami kreatif. heheh.
c4f: ape? cute belly? i heard ur weight is 69kg and gaining more. ahahahah~
Notice some grammatical errors. Can’t help it. It’s the lecturer in me coming out. 😉 But it’s creative.