I’ve analysed the audition episode, in order to help people how to be more Gadis Melayu in the next season.
You can get to be chosen as a Gadis Melayu if you have the qualities embedded in yourself. I mean, you have the qualities, naturally. These are the things that one should not do when they are attending Gadis Melayu audition next time. From my daily conversations, many are telling me that they wonder if these Gadis Melayu are faking their gestures and all but wait. The juries are from various background and they’ve lived long enough to evaluate the anak gadis. They know if one fakes it or not. They are actor or actress (like Norman Hakim and Normala Shamsudin). So, the juries had done through selection in order to pick the best candidate for this show. Ahmad Idham explained “Apakah ciri² gadis Melayu? Dia boleh jawab A. B, C, D tapi bila saya tanya ‘Adakah ciri² ini terdapat pada diri awak?’, dia terdiam. Jadi dia bagi tahu kat juri ni samada you ni cakap je, atau you tahu apa maksud yang you cakap”. Read more.
So, I’ve figured out some of the dont’s that one should avoid, when attending GM audition.
- Do NOT colour your hair. Gadis Melayu should have beautiful, black, silky long hair.
- Do not wear thick makeup. You should preserve beauty naturally. There are people who came for audition, trying to look as fancy as possible.
- Do not try to wear pants, modern outfit that are body-hug or tight, and sexy kinky outfit. Even very tight kebaya nyonya hurts any ustaz’s eyes.
- Do not try to overdress. Like, wearing rambut sarang tebuan, kain belah, puteri gunung ledang outfit (Johor audition). You know, overdress lah. Gadis melayu sejati should be humble and act moderately.
- Do not forget to wear baju kurung. In Johor audition, there are many who didn’t wear baju kurung. There’s this one contestant brought along a spare of baju kurung, luckily. And Fahrin Ahmad commented “Haa…cantik pun pakai baju kurung”. So, if you want to get in Gadis Melayu’s show, wear traditional outfit.
So, the characteristics of a girl that I am looking for, for my future son, are the opposites of these DONT’s.